Monday, March 8, 2010

Sick take II

Does this picture melt your heart or what!

If you read the previous post you know we have been dealing with a nasty virus in our house and JK struggled with it this last week. By Thursday I could tell she had lost weight so we took her in to see her Dr. She was admitted to the hospital from their offices - she had lost 2 pounds since her well visit 4 days earlier. She needed an IV to be rehydrated. We were told we could leave depending on the results from her blood work. We ended up staying there 2 nights and 2.5 days.

I wish I could say JK was a delight and handled everything in stride - NOPE! She screamed anytime someone walked into her room. The poor housekeeping people - they did nothing to her and still they got an earful. The nurses were sweet to keep saying that it was a good sign that she could scream at them. With every scream and groan of "owwie" I would cry too. In all fairness, it didn't help that the Dr.s kept saying "she's worse than we thought" Hospitals and I are not on great terms and I really lose all perspective when I am in them for more than a happy newborn baby visit.
By Friday afternoon we started to see her spark come back - still no appetite though, but she could do her piggy face so we knew we were on the mend...

The day I was checking out and dating paperwork I realized that exactly five years to that exact date we were checking in to that same hospital for Trey while he was having a siezure. I am trying to feel blessed that we have stayed out of hospitals for that long, but really I am just praying that we can keep our visits to the hospital AT LEAST that far apart as these kids grow - my heart ached (that is an understatement) for those parents who have children with serious illnesses, hospitals are no place for kids - or anyone for that matter - but I am thankful for them.

And now just because it is always fun to see the back of a hospital gown....

Thank you to everyone who helped with our kids, called, came to visit, picked up the pieces and kept us in your thoughts. We love you all!

10 comments:

jksfam March 8, 2010 at 12:04 PM  

I'm so sorry! That really isn't a fun place to spend any time!!! I'm glad she's back home, though!

Nicole Bolinger March 8, 2010 at 1:29 PM  

Oh my goodness! So glad she is better! I am so sorry you had to deal with that!! When I first started reading she went to the hospital, I was immediately thinking about how you held up! Love ya!

Dana March 8, 2010 at 2:13 PM  

OH Candy I just recently found out about her and I am so sorry. The hospital is no place to be unless you are having a baby!!!! I hate hospitals now. And we have had our fair share of little ones being admitted. 2 days doesn't sound like that long but when you are in it and watching your baby suffer its an eternity!!!!! YOu guys are in my prayers!!!

Nancy March 9, 2010 at 1:33 AM  

We just had our baby in the Italian hospital for 3 days. She wasn't even 3 weeks old yet. It broke my heart to see her that way. I can understand the need to cry. Glad your little girl is home now. Hopefully we're all done with hospitals for a while.

klonghall March 9, 2010 at 6:12 AM  

She's even incredibly cute in a hospital gown! Sweet little thing! I wish I could jump through the monitor and hug you guys. I've been more worried about you than JK. I know about your relationship with hospitals...

Amanda March 9, 2010 at 11:50 AM  

Poor Candi! I am so sorry that you had to go through that, and that little JK has had such a rough time. I am thinking of your cute family and missing you!!

Tammy March 9, 2010 at 2:13 PM  

Sooo glad she's feeling better! She's such a sweetheart, those pictures just make me want to squeeze her!
...Davis' quotes "baby waby looks so different!" , "poor baby waby has to have that thing on her arm." , "baby waby's walking now?!" Do your boys still call her baby waby?? Cause that's what she's known as here! :)

The Longnecker Zoo March 9, 2010 at 8:22 PM  

WHAT A SWEET FACE, EVEN WHEN SHE DOESN'T FEEL GOOD. I AM GLAD SHE IS DOING BETTER TOO. POOR JK, POOR MOM AND DAD!

Kari March 17, 2010 at 10:32 PM  

So sad--for her and you! Thank goodness you are all feeling better!

Wardell Family April 4, 2010 at 6:08 PM  

Candi,
This is the worst friend in the world here...I am so sorry all that happened and I was in lala land. I am just now getting around to reading this and Aww...those pics are breaking my heart. So happy it's over for you guys!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP