Monday, February 14, 2011

Love



Today is Valentines day and I am thankful for the love of my family.

Yesterday at church a man said something that has stayed with me and replayed in my mind multiple times today.

He said that he worried that as his children grew, saying 'I love you" would not be as easy to say to a 14 year old as it is to say to a 2 and 4 year old.
His wife told him that if he said I love you to them each day the only day that would be awkward/difficult would be the day that he didn't say it.
Here's to saying I love you each day to those we love!

8 comments:

The Longnecker Zoo February 16, 2011 at 9:12 AM  

Good lesson. I love it. Miss seeing you guys.

Dana February 16, 2011 at 10:31 AM  

I LOOOOVE the picture of you guys in the background and the kids up front. SOOOO cute!!!

Cameron and Cindy February 16, 2011 at 12:20 PM  

Perfect pictures! :)

mar February 16, 2011 at 6:28 PM  

love, love, love these pics! and you :-)

klonghall February 16, 2011 at 7:58 PM  

I need a copy of one of those family pix to put up in our house! One night, recently, when I was putting Abby to bed, I told her how much I loved her & am glad she's my daughter. She looked at me, and said, a bit exasperated, "I know. You tell me that ALL the time!" Next time, I'll just tell her that I was following Aunt Candi's advice! Ha!

Rachel & Stephen February 17, 2011 at 11:20 AM  

I love the new pictures! We loved that "conversation" too!

Grandma Karen February 17, 2011 at 4:38 PM  

Even on the days I can't talk to you, I'm saying I love you! Been saying it for 30+ years and I'll never get awkward about it!

Someone February 24, 2011 at 2:27 AM  

i love the picture very nice

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP