Wednesday, April 27, 2011

More of our house





Okay after only 3 weeks and 4 days on the market we have an offer and a signed contract on our home. I know that in this market this is very rare, so we are really excited - but there is a catch - we have to be out in exactly a month! So while the blessing of a sold home (it is considered contingent for another week) is wonderful, the timing of it all has left me in a state of confusion. Do we move to an apartment? Or maybe I should just extend my time in Boise and have Lars slum it while we build - lots of stuff to work through but while we do I need to keep my house posts rolling so that I can always remember our first home.

The living room is where our family does everything. Many Friday nights a mattress is pulled out for a giant slumber/jumping party complete with popcorn and movies. When there's no matress on the floor our serious regrets of buying a couch with removable cushions is always on display as the kids build a "pillow pit" in the center of the room.

The screened in porch is what kind of sold me on this house - it just seemed so southern and charming. The blue ceiling was the icing on the cake. During the first summer we lived here our AC went out over the 4th of July making it hard to get someone out to fix it. During that time we LIVED on that porch and it was AWESOME. We debated sleeping out there like they used to before AC and all my pre-teen love for the movie Man in the Moon seemed to come to life. During the summer it is called our popsicle room and I have loved throwing showers at our home and using it to set up a 'drink station'.

5 comments:

The Longnecker Zoo April 27, 2011 at 11:52 AM  

I love what you did to this house. I remember seeing it in it's "RAW" state before you guys worked your magic. That is why it sold so fast girl. Try to remember to breathe.

Dana April 28, 2011 at 8:58 AM  

YOur house is just sooo cute. YOu need to come help me with mine. I just don't know how to make it look cute.

The Paries April 29, 2011 at 7:09 AM  

YEAH. Congrats on getting an offer. I'd pack it up and store it and stay all summer in Boise. But what do I know. I'm moving houses when I'm 38 weeks pregnant.

klonghall April 30, 2011 at 9:57 AM  

That living room is the best place to just flop down and rest. I love sitting there will all the kids piled up around it and watching their craziness. I think of playing Rock Band and Wii-Fit with you guys. Remember when Toby couldn't play by himself, so Lars just would give him the controller and make him think he was playing. Now, I'm pretty sure Toby could kick Lars in MarioKart, if he wanted to. :-) And, I love the serenity of that porch. It is a perfect picture of Southern Living! I can't imagine you in any other house, but I know you will make any place you live a wonderful place to be!

Dawn May 8, 2011 at 7:18 PM  

Your house is so cute! But, on to bigger adventures! Good luck, we'll stay tuned to what happens. So glad to hear you and yours are okay after a crazy week of weather. I though of you and all the others I know out east. I am back on the wagon of blogging and hope to catch up soon. Come visit us!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP