Thursday, September 25, 2008

Idaho Part 1

This summer we went home to Idaho for two weeks. I LOVE going home and wish we lived closer so that I could do it more often, but at least when we do fly out we make it worth it and spend a lot of time there. First on my list of things to do was to see the house I grew up in - here it is. I had seen all the pictures and news reports, but ultimately it was still shocking. Our home really is gone. My parents and sister have nothing. It was overwhelming - but what is so amazing is how awesome everyone has handled it. The love that people have shown my family has played a large part in their positive attitudes. While I was home we had a shower for my mom and I think 80+ people came, it was fantastic. So now the house is completely gone and the rebuilding process starts. It will be a long few months but I have no doubt that my family will find all the good in each step of the way.



Posted by Picasa

Stay tuned for more of our trip to Idaho....

5 comments:

Cameron and Cindy September 25, 2008 at 5:06 PM  

What a great idea to have that shower! I am glad that it turned out so well!! :)

Tammy September 30, 2008 at 8:04 AM  

Oh my, look at all these posts! I'm lovin it! It's so fun to see all your pictures! I'm so happy you joined the blogging world! Love ya!

The Longnecker Zoo October 2, 2008 at 8:37 AM  

YAHOOOOOO you are bloggin'! I am so excited. Please keep it up.

Dana October 2, 2008 at 8:43 AM  

Candi, Allison told me you were blogging. I can't wait to see more of you and your family.

klonghall October 4, 2008 at 5:52 PM  

Look at all these people who knew about the blog before I did! I could have wasted at least an hour over the past few weeks on your blog! So much more fun than the typical blog "stalking" that I do.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP