Friday, May 15, 2009

Trey's Preschool Graduation

Today Trey graduated from preschool. It was a great day. We will miss his teachers and friends so much as everyone heads off to different schools next year.

I am very devoted to this little preschool - I worked there as a music teacher when I was pregnant with Trey and today he walked the stage five years later.

Songs were sung, pictures taken, food devoured, presents given and smiles all around - maybe a few tears. (Lars mockingly kept saying "I told myself I wasn't going to cry" all the while laughing with the boys like they had a private joke)!

Here are a few pictures from our day.






Trey's biggest fan and best friend - his little brother. Toby also performed today, but it took a little coaxing. Alright it took a bribe of a water gun. Toby started crying as soon as he saw us and started to refuse to go up on stage. Lars said quietly but firmly - "no water gun then" I looked at the people sitting next to us, embarrassed that we were bribing/forcing our child to perform. I was relieved that it was a Korean couple that don't speak much English. As soon as Toby was done performing he ran to us and the Korean man leaned down and asked Toby "Was it worth it for a water gun?" Busted. We bribe because we love....

Trey can't wait to sleep with his "friendship pillowcase".

5 comments:

Wardell Family May 16, 2009 at 7:39 PM  

Ahhh! I love that picture of Toby and Trey. They are the best of friends. Tell Trey we said "Congrats!"

Nicole Bolinger May 17, 2009 at 7:02 AM  

Congratulations Trey!!! Sounds like a fun day! ANd don't worry, we Bribe too!!! Sometime we even hold things hostage, like sippy cups, until they do what I want them to do! ;)

klonghall May 17, 2009 at 6:44 PM  

Some of those water guns are really cool... Love it! I'm kind of surprised that it worked. He's so stubborn. 'Can't imagine where he gets that from?!

Trey seems too big. Tell him to slow down! Although, that doesn't seem to work around here, either. We had Abby's preschool grad on Friday, too.

mindy May 22, 2009 at 6:15 AM  

I've been told (and keep telling myself...) that BRIBERY is when you give the reward before the behavior. It's called MOTIVATION when you reward after the desired behavior. Maybe that will help you rest better.

Grandma Karen May 27, 2009 at 12:36 PM  

My two boys! I love you both so much. Grandma will be sure to have some water guns here at her house when you come!!! Congratulations Trey. You look so big. Grandma will be there for the next big grad party!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP