Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Life on the Farm

October is one of my favorite months around here. I am not exagerating when I say there is a Fall Festival going on weekly and towards the end of the month daily. Churches in the south are big business and that means great holiday gatherings that communities turn out for.

This year we have not had a free Saturday to make a trip to our favorite pumpkin patch, so instead we headed out last week to a farm festival that was held during the week.

Animals were there for the petting

And apparently Toby was there for the wiping

mmmm cow snot. But a little snot was not going to slow my boys down



They LOVED the horse rides.

Later a horse dance team (?) performed. And I have to say they were quite impressive. I even had the thought "I wonder if JK will want to do something like this when she gets older....
I think she might. I'll let you know. Of course you have to have a horse which brings us back to the animal snot you saw earlier. Good old fashioned ballet studio dancing is going to have to do.

So on to a week of Halloween fun. Our church is having their Fall Festival on Friday - all are welcome - I will be in charge of the photo area and a story room for the kids. My sister asked if it was going to be a scary story room. Not really, but now I can't get the thought out of my mind of the poor kids running from the "sweet" story room because Sister Longnecker scared them half to death. Why is it so fun to scare people - why?

OK I promise to you all coming to the party this friday - the story will be about a sweet pumpkin. No escapee prisoners on the lose, no men in the back of the cars and definetly no phone calls to babysitters will be mentioned in my story room. Although all of those are classics are they not.

Happy Halloween to you.

3 comments:

pooka October 28, 2009 at 1:47 PM  

So much fun. I love the idea of you scaring unsuspecting children - too funny.

mindy October 28, 2009 at 5:43 PM  

my goodness she is such a dollface!! I love JK!

klonghall October 29, 2009 at 7:25 PM  

Seriously, you may currently have the cutest little girl on the planet! When I see that face, I think, "When can I work in another Montgomery weekend trip???" And, I love watching my little brother with his "baby girl". He's such a perfect "Little Girl's Daddy!" My mother would LOVE seeing them together. It's so stinkin' cute!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP