Monday, February 1, 2010

January in review

So I have been meaning to do a post about goals and hopes for the new year, but as always the time has come and gone, so here's a recap of the month (since it is a goal of mine to keep this blog up to date):

I have decided to focus on monthly goals instead of a years worth and this month my goal was to limit the amount we ate out and it was a success! Total money spent on eating out this month was 51 dollars! Now for February I have got to decrease the amount of money I spend on groceries. This means I have to cut back on my Costco and Target runs. For the life of me I can not leave either of these stores w/o spending at least 70 bucks. It's sad and happy all at the same time!

Also in January

I cut my hair, it was timeTrey has started taking multiple AR tests each day and doing timed addition tests at school. He is looking forward to his birthday and has been excited about his schools' "Hearts for Haiti" project. He told us the other day that his school had 1000 hearts (translating into at least 1000 dollars) to send to Haiti. He truly believes that his school will be able to make everything better there.

Toby has been so fun lately. I have officially found his 'currency' and it is the Wii. He has gone from terrible 3's (oh and I do mean TERRIBLE) to fantastic 4's and it's all thanks to the Wii. He loves it and will do anything to be able to play. I even got him to wear jeans instead of basketball shorts all with the promise of Mario Kart not to mention learning his alphabet, address and cleaning his room.

JK has started walking - when we get excited and clap for her she hurries and squats down and then giggles to herself. She LOVES to be naughty - seriously she thinks it's so funny! She can say hi and night night.

Remember that bathroom that we started in November... Lars told me today it would for sure be done by Mothers day - Awesome! 5 of us in 1 bathroom has been quite the treat!



So that's what we have been up to around here. Oh, that and a 491 dollar gas bill, a broken car, a broken arm during an activity I planned and ear infections to boot. Ahhh, goodbye January catch you again in 2011.

6 comments:

klonghall February 2, 2010 at 5:46 AM  

The bathroom is looking good! Lars told me about Toby's Wii skills. We're not going to tell Aiden, and see what he thinks when Toby can beat him at Mario Kart! Call me this week so we can touch base on Mardi Gras.

jksfam February 2, 2010 at 8:48 AM  

It wasn't broken - just dislocated... I'm sure you feel so bad! And I really do love your hair!!! (Oh, if you go to my blog, I know it's been a year... UGH!)

Tammy February 2, 2010 at 11:55 AM  

Love the hair! And Lars, hello...that tile looks awesome! L

mindy February 2, 2010 at 12:39 PM  

nice job on the tile!

and Lindsay started walking last month, too! little girls are so sweet.

love you guys-

Tammy February 4, 2010 at 1:14 PM  

Love the hair. Love the shower. I think I need to come see all this for myself. JK - slow down. Grandma is freaking out!

Tammy February 4, 2010 at 1:15 PM  

That last one was from Grandma! I logged on at Tammy's

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP