Monday, February 8, 2010

Mardi Gras 2010

Three years in a row and still lovin it! Who knows how long we will live in Alabama - but as long as we do you can catch us celebrating Mardi Gras. We had a big crowd with us this year - anyone want to join us next year?

I'll warn you now - I am kind of loud. And she is pretty cute so the stuffed animals will be flyin!Toby took extra caution this year and insisted on wearing a helmet just in case he got hit in the head by all the beads - my kind of kid. (I realize that this picture makes Toby look extra "special" and that the helmet only adds to that - it makes me smile every time I look at it). I felt Toby's wisdom when I was smacked by something heavy. It hurt all the way back to the car and the only thing I could think about was how mad I was that I didn't find what hit me - judging by the weight of it on my head it must have been great.

The kids loved the parades and being with cousins, aunt Kim and uncle Donnie as well as Pa and Connie. We love you all - thanks for making this trip so much fun.

Saturday we went to the beach - it was soooo cold but that didn't stop the kids - can you believe the white sand?
Seriously - doesn't it look like the kids are playing in the snow? We have to get back down there when the weather is warmer. All of this so close to home - only 3 hours away (not to mention some kickin outlets as well).
After the beach we had lunch at Lamberts - the rolls were hot and flying and the fried potatos and apple butter were yummy!More parades Saturday night followed by the worlds best custard and our trip was almost complete!But this year we had a special treat - we were able to celebrate Trey's birthday! He was so excited that it was his birthday. He told everyone we talked to that it was his day! I can't think of anything Trey would love more than to spend his birthday with cousins. He loved his day and the weekend of fun that went with it. As with most things, we are still celebrating - one day is never enough. But here are a couple of pictures from yesterday. We love you Trey and our world would not be complete without you as our boy!

7 comments:

klonghall February 8, 2010 at 1:14 PM  

You are so fast at getting the blog post up! We had a fabulous weekend with you guys, as always. I wish we had an occasion to celebrate every month, so that we could do this more often. I had some CFA for lunch in Trey's honor! I'm glad he's enjoyed the birthday CD that we made for him. And, your comment about Toby looking "extra special" cracked me up. I'll have to find some pix from my camera where his eyes are open wide! Thanks again for a wonderfully fun weekend!

Dana February 8, 2010 at 2:00 PM  

We got to that beach every summer(well except for last. We were going to go to Lamberts the last time we were there and the line and crowd was just crazy so we tried a different restaurant. Maybe one of these days during the summer we can meet out there. Totally worth the drive. I am glad yo guys had fun at the parade and a helmet is an absolute ingenious idea. YOu are getting pelted all over the place if you think about it. Smart kid!!!!

mindy February 8, 2010 at 4:56 PM  

can I be your best friend? I am still laughing about the special helmet and you getting hit in the head with something good--

Cameron and Cindy February 8, 2010 at 8:05 PM  

Fun! Fun! Fun!

mar February 8, 2010 at 9:52 PM  

why are you so beautiful???? i love reading your blog. it always makes me happy. miss you dear friend!

love, marisa

Heather February 13, 2010 at 12:14 PM  

Um, as I write this I am wearing that navy/gray sweater. Sams club? $4.00? Weird.

diegohall February 15, 2010 at 1:56 PM  

Uncle Donnie is pre-signed up for next year again. And the year after that, and the year after that...

It's so much fun to catch free plastic crap as they throw it at your head!

Next year, I'm gonna be the vice-president of the "special" club with Toby and wear my helmet, too!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP