Tuesday, August 31, 2010

SUPER!

Our church always has one Saturday a year that is called Super Saturday -it's a day to actually make things and learn how to create even more things. I love this day, although I have had a few bad memories - like the time I taught people how to make these:

After everyone was done and proud of their finished product, I took all the boards out to spray a sealant on them and RUINED them all! Ahh, what can you do....

Anyways, here are a few of my favorites for this years Super Saturday ideas:
I made a sample of the above but changed it to a chore chart that has magnets on the back to put on my fridge - a tutorial is at inspiremecrafts.com. It's a magnet board and a chalk board and you can make it for under 5 bucks.

And how darling is this:
The tutorial is at lilluna.blogspot.com - but when I made it I had some trouble with the paper and ink and so my friend said it may work better to have it sent and printed as a picture.

I love these on a wreath stand with a hip wreath behind it. You can do the above saying or "please remove your shoes" My mom has hers outside next to her front door and I think she gets compliments all the time on it.

And now for a bit of a pricier, but still great one:I love these watches and I believe you can order the faces for pretty cheap making it a fairly affordable project.

And then, I always think these countdowns are fun - a 'Birthday Countdown' is also a fun one to make with cute birthday scrap book paper mod podged to the frame.

A while ago I taught a glass etching class and a girl had a fantastic idea to do a bunch of plates for your neighbors with their last name initial etched on the bottom of the plate. The idea being that when you took them their plate of goodies for the holidays you would be giving them a gift as well - notsoidlehands.blogspot.com has a great tutorial for this.



And although not on my list of super saturday favorites, I do have full hopes (dreams?) of making these two projects for my house before October 1st (if I set a deadline for myself will it happen?) I have been wanting to make this tree for the past few years
And how about this....
Will somebody please teach me how to sew? Please?

Happy crafting!

8 comments:

The Longnecker Zoo September 2, 2010 at 6:45 PM  

Oh my gosh...such cute ones. I am so going to do that tree for Halloween and put numbers on them with treats in it as a count down. Maybe even ones for Christmas too. Dang, great ideas Candi!!!!

mindy September 3, 2010 at 1:28 PM  

awesome!! love that last one. all of them, really!!

heidi September 6, 2010 at 6:09 PM  

WOW! way to go!
i made the FHE board for enrichment and i was supposed to teach it at my house, but somehow i mostly learned while someone saw that i have no crafty talent and taught it for me. and then i made it upside down on accident.

Tammy September 9, 2010 at 8:35 PM  

So fun! I love that you posted all of these to give me some ideas! Your awesome!! I love the last thing, what is it? a pillow?

Wardell Family September 10, 2010 at 6:14 AM  

Candi! We need to do a ladies craft night and make that cute Halloween countdown tree (among other cute ideas you have on here). I wish I could sew too-just had a YW activity and poor girls had to show ME how to thread the machine.

Wendy September 15, 2010 at 12:01 PM  

I love that tree. It would be cute as either a Halloween or Christmas count down. Just if it has a treat in the bags of anykind my kids would fight over it.
If you are interested in sewing I can help you out. Right now I am working with a friend in my ward. I am not a professional by any means but I know how to sew. You can see some of the things I have made recently on my blog http://wjsmith92377.blogspot.com/

The Takemoto Family September 16, 2010 at 6:49 PM  

Hey- how did you get the ribbon on the back of the cookie sheet? Is it just glued on?

longnecker September 17, 2010 at 12:13 PM  

Rebecca - It's GOOP (ed) - the best and strongest glue around.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP