Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hard Day




Being a mom brings me more joy than I could ever describe - but some days being a mom is hard. Yesterday I noticed JK was walking a little funny. Lars referred to her walk as a "hitch in her giddy-up". I took her to the doctor today and after watching her walk and examining her he told me he thinks she has an infection in her hip. I was not expecting anything like that and then when he wanted to look at her blood my world felt out of control. I cried in the waiting room all the while playing a rousing game of "I Spy" with Toby and JK because that's what moms do right? - we fake normal when nothing is normal.

JK'a blood work came back normal and to use the words of our doctor, "it's not leukemia" - he knows me that well to know that I went THERE immediatly (have I ever blogged about the time I was struggling with fears of SIDS and he asked if he could pray with me - I can not tell you how much we love him).

I write this post because I want my kids to know that while motherhood is my greatest joy, it is also my EVERYTHING during this season of my life and that sometimes means being a mom is scary. The only way I make it through the hard times of being a mom is having faith in God and knowing that he has a plan for each of us - and then I thank him everyday for letting me be thier mom.

6 comments:

Nicole Bolinger March 30, 2011 at 8:11 PM  

so sweet!! You are a wonderful mother!!! I will be praying for JK's hip!!

mar March 30, 2011 at 9:20 PM  

oh dear candi. you are an amazing mom, i admire you all the time. you don't even know! love you tons.

The Longnecker Zoo April 2, 2011 at 7:14 AM  

Oh Candi! I am so sorry you felt that. I can see you dling just that and my heart break for you. I am so thankful it isn't the big "L" word too-good heavens! What is wrong with her hip then?

klonghall April 3, 2011 at 6:48 PM  

I'm just glad you have my brother, the cowboy, to lighten the mood when things get tense. I'm glad to hear she's doing better. And, seriously, you know I can be at your house in 3 hours, and would drop everything to come and help, if you ever need me. Love you guys!

Kelsey Glover April 6, 2011 at 10:17 AM  

Candi, I'm so sorry! I can't even imagine what that is like. It's so true that you of all people know how to put on a brave face in those hard times. I love you like crazy and an praying for you always.

Shelby April 7, 2011 at 10:14 AM  

I loved this so much and I miss you more!! I can't wait for the wedding so we can see each other. It is always a party which I love. Good news with Tegs scans. What amazing blessings we have.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP