Monday, February 16, 2009

Mardi Gras



Mardi Gras is one of our favorite times of year here in the South. This family tradition started last year and it will keep going as long as we are here! If you are anywhere even remotely close to Mobile AL I would HIGHLY recommend this trip. Mobile is where the Mardi Gras celebrations started and they (unlike New Orleans) have remained family friendly. It is a BLAST - the kids love it and we can not stop smiling the whole trip. Here our some highlights:

Waiting for the parade to start in Fairhope - one of the cutest towns ever.

JK rocked this trip - slept through the night and was a super trooper through each day

Okay, these guys are little scary, but they throw so much crap at you that it takes some of the fear away.

Stay tuned for more adventures in Mardi Gras - because I can't figure out how to get more than 4 pictures in a post...

5 comments:

klonghall February 16, 2009 at 7:32 AM  

Thanks for bringing us with you! I don't think I've ever had so much sheer fun on a weekend trip. I don't think we ever stopped smiling and laughing. I swear that trip took 10 years off me! Now, what are we going to do with all these beads and moon pies?

Dana February 16, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

Okay I am starting to think that we should make our way to Mobile for next Mardi Gras. YOU guys got a haul. I was a bit disappointed this year with Ocean Springs. It is usually very family friendly but it seemed a bit "rough" this year. There was even a guy pulling up his shirt for stuff. I told Tom we would stop going in a heartbeat if it changed. We just want our kids to have fun. And Kim you totally eat the moon pies girl!! And we have so many left over beads they come out of our ears. Year after year !!

Nicole Bolinger February 16, 2009 at 6:56 PM  

First of all, fairhope IS the cutest town EVER. I wish I could live there! Anyway, i totally went to mardi gras in mobile in college and it did ROCK1 Although, my group wasn't too family friendly...back then!!! ;) Looks like a blast!!

Natalie February 17, 2009 at 3:44 AM  

Looks like so much fun, wish I was there but, who knows maybe someday I'll be in Bama for Mardi Gras. By the way Sue you look so so good and your hair is so long. I love it! Give the kids kisses for me

Dawn February 24, 2009 at 7:47 PM  

I thought it was just in New Orleans! I had no idea it is held all over the south in each area! I love that it was family friendly. We need more pics!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP