Tuesday, September 15, 2009

4 years old

To My Toby,

You are four years old now. You are so sweet and thoughtful. You always say thank you and are always willing to help clean up your messes. You adore your baby sister and think the world revolves around her. You are very smart and very athletic. Your teachers at school say you are an angel. With this sweetness is also quite the spark. I sometimes say you have a temper to match your red hair. When you are naughty you are the naughyest - someday I will have to tell you all about the "adventures" you have taken me on. (You are the reason child locks were put into cars, and yes, because of you I know that spanking is not the answer - your daddy once decided it was time to see if a spank would reform your naughyness and your response to that first spank was to look at your daddy and say "that didn't owie"). You keep me on my toes constantly and you ALWAYS make me smile. You are beautiful, wild, loving, strong, happy, and our family would not be complete without you.

We Love You!

PS - The below picture is of you opening one of your presents. You thought it was socks at first, you yelled: "Socks? What the - I'm going to throw you in the trash". And that my boy was a direct quote.

5 comments:

Nicole Bolinger September 15, 2009 at 12:34 PM  

Love it!! Happy Birthday Toby!

klonghall September 15, 2009 at 1:12 PM  

He is definitely his father's son! We love you, Toby!

mindy September 15, 2009 at 5:42 PM  

socks? What the-- i love that!!

we have an on-going joke in my family from one christmas when my little brother opened up a present and said in the nasalies, whiniest, most unthankful voice, "church pants?"

I think your "socks....what the..." quote tops the church pants.

mar September 16, 2009 at 7:06 PM  

candi! i love your family so so much! miss you always!

marisa

Heather September 28, 2009 at 11:25 AM  

Happy Birthday Toby!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP