Monday, May 17, 2010

I can do hard things... with my moms help

This is what our deck used to look like. A few years back I decided to paint it (okay have Lars paint it) the color of our off white house trim. Not my brightest moment considering we live in an OLD part of town with massive (think take out your home in severe weather) trees ALL OVER. So after many failed - and broken - pressure washing tries this is what we were left with.

I have been complaining about this deck and our backyard for a while now. Well, after Lars spoiled me with the best Mothers Day shopping weekend with my mom and sister and an afternoon at a foot spa (so worth another post) with my mom, sister and sister-in-law I decided I needed to show him some love.

So I decided that I can do hard things... with my mom's help.

Here is our deck now:I know it is not the best picture, and yes the leaves are already all over it. But all of the spindles got painted and the deck floor is a chocolate brown (3 coats thank you very much) way more sensible.The kids' area also got washed as well as the area around our shed. Now our only task for this summer is laying down weed barriers and new mulch for the areas bordering our fence. Too bad my mom couldn't stay for another week because with her help I could probably finish our yard and maybe even our master bathroom - that's right, it's still not done!

Thanks mom - we miss you already and not just for the manual labor!

4 comments:

diegohall May 18, 2010 at 1:27 PM  

Nice! I cleaned ours this past weekend with Olympic Deck Cleaner and it worked AMAZINGLY! It just bubbled up all the dirt and algae and left it very clean with no scrubbing!

I'm going to re-stain ours the next dry weekend we have. After that, it might need painting in a few years.

ps - Kim took me to the foot spa and it was GREAT!!!

klonghall May 19, 2010 at 6:39 AM  

Very nice! Your mom rocks & makes the energizer bunny appear to be in slow motion. Seeing the pix of your backyard reminds me that it's been far too long since I've had my Fungomery fix. We need to get down there for a weekend soon.

The Longnecker Zoo May 20, 2010 at 4:36 PM  

Looks great. OF COURSE!!! I need you girls to come to my place and help me with this house!

Kirby May 24, 2010 at 10:27 AM  

Wow, it looks great! So fun that your mom was able to be there and help you. So, I have a question for you... What city are you guys living in? Scott and I are going to be driving out to Charlotte this summer for his internship(and living with Whitney and Trey if you can even beleive it..SO fun!!), so I was trying to figure out if you guys were possibly going to be on the way... Let me know, I would love to see you guys if it would work. My email is kirbyfish@gmail.com, or you can call me 858.231.1494. We are going to be driving through around the 12-13th of June.. :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP