Monday, June 21, 2010

Boot Camp 2010

Boot Camp 2010 was a huge success this year full of fun and, as always a few miracles. We had 78 kids this year and I think they all had a great time.



Vacation Bible Schools are huge down here - in fact just today I heard of one with 800 kids in attendance (those Baptists sure know how to party:)) We are building each year and I believe getting stronger as we take what we learn from the previous year and add or subtract as needed.

I will share that I was worried that we didn't have enough boards for each child to paint in camo colors for "craft detail" one day. (They put vinyl on them after they dried, the vinyl read Did You Pray? and then they attached ribbon through holes so they could hang them in their rooms reminding them to pray each day.) I knew I had only cut 68-70 boards and I felt happy for the good turn out but sad that some kids would have to go without. At the end of the first day we had two boards left over. The next day two children came that were not there to paint the boards on the first day using the two left over boards. Ya'll I KNOW I did not have that many boards - every year something like this happens and I love to see it.

These little faces make all the work so worth it!

1 comments:

klonghall June 22, 2010 at 6:39 AM  

I love this tradition you guys have started! Maybe next year, Bridger can come down to help out.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP