Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Happy Birthday To ME


A couple weeks ago my friend Tomicka told me she wanted to take me out to dinner and a movie for my birthday. So this last Friday when she picked me up I was surprised to see a few of my other friends were coming too. I was even more surprised when she handed me a card that told me they were taking me to dinner at the BEACH!

I just kept saying; What? Really? and Are you SERIOUS? Then Lars handed me a bag that was packed and ready for a night away! Tomicka had even packed a beach bag for me with a new towel, float and a picture of JK and I framed from our last trip to the beach.

And then I almost cried - I was so overwhelmed, surprised, grateful, happy and SURPRISED!


JK really wanted to go. But this was a NO kids trip.




This birthday may go down in the books as the most surprised I have ever been.

Thank you girls. Staying up until 2, sun-burning myself, learning how to do new things, California yogurt, and swimming in the ocean without a child in my arms - it was fantastic!

I am already getting excited for Time Out for Women in Atlanta this fall - whose in?

4 comments:

Dana June 30, 2010 at 5:05 AM  

OH my gosh what a fun birthday for you!!!! What wonderful friends you have!!! My mom and sister are going to TOFW. I hope you see them there.

klonghall June 30, 2010 at 1:36 PM  

Now, that's what I call a great group of friends!!! You know I'll be at TOFW here in the ATL.

The Longnecker Zoo July 5, 2010 at 10:03 AM  

That is a great group of friends! How stinkin' fun!!!! LOve it. Maybe your friends should talk to my friends :) How fun for ya'll. SO SO SO glad ya'll had a great time. Happy Birthday!!!

Wardell Family July 9, 2010 at 7:39 AM  

Happy Late birthday Candi! So glad they surprised you. That is so fun! I would love to go to TOFW. Miss you and have a safe trip! :) xoxo

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP