Sunday, June 27, 2010

Oh Dear!

Back when we first moved to Alabama and were pregnant with Trey we went to church one Sunday and I fell in love with three little boys sitting next to us in the pew. They were everything little boys should be: freckled, shaved heads and mischievous looking. Every time I looked at them teasing each other and squirming in their church clothes it made me more and more excited to have a little boy.

I have always loved a little boy and his shaved head during the summer, so as we are getting ready to head west for the summer it was time to get my boys ready! First up a hair cut - or shave. We couldn't remember which length of clippers to use - but given the way Toby screams during a haircut I thought the shorter the better.

As a side note, I honestly would not have been surprised if the police had shown up during Toby's haircut due to calls from concerned neighbors. He can throw a massive fit and haircuts put him OVER the edge! At one point during his hair cut he was in a crazed rage and yelled out "hot like bologna" we think he was referring to the clippers?)

So out came the clippers and off went their hair - the problem with hair clippers - there is absolutely NO GOING BACK! All I could say is "Oh dear" with every pass on Trey's head. A quarter of an inch would have been just right - NOT AN EIGHTH OF AN INCH!

OH DEAR!

What did we do? My little boys are BALD! WHAT DID WE DO!

Now of course I think my boys are beautiful no matter what - but yikes this is a far cry from Toby's fluffy head of hair just a day ago.

Oh dear! Hot like bologna is right!

5 comments:

Dana June 28, 2010 at 5:12 AM  

THat is the best cut for the summer!!! And girl it will grow back. Before you know it you will be having to hear hot like bologna again!!! PS I think they are very cute!!!

The Longnecker Zoo June 28, 2010 at 6:06 PM  

HA HA HA! YOu are so funny Candi. They look adorable as always. By fall it will all be back to the way it was. I love it though.

klonghall June 28, 2010 at 8:07 PM  

I think they look super-cute. I agree with Dana & Allison, it will grow back, and their heads won't be sweaty this summer. I love "hot like bologna!" I'm going to use that one this year. :-) That Toby sure can make me laugh!

pooka June 29, 2010 at 7:47 AM  

Hilarious! Especially since I did that to Sam earlier this year - it's nice to see I'm in good company. When I did it though, I found out my 3 year old still had cradle cap - lovely. Your boys do look very cute.

mindy June 29, 2010 at 6:00 PM  

hot like balogna?? you guys make me laugh so hard! You know it grows back so fast, I'm sure even by now it's up to a 1/4 inch. Where out west are you going?? we'll be thataway, too--perhaps we could...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP