Saturday, November 8, 2008

Crock Pot Love

This post is in honor of Miss Elizabeth, Trey's teacher and my great friend.

During the fall and winter I LOVE using my crock pot because it is easy and provides warm homemade meals with out a lot of fuss. And seeing as how I feel ok in the mornings and terrible in the late afternoons and evenings, a crock pot meal is just want the Dr ordered, so here are a few of my favorite recipes:

Creamy Chicken

4-5 Frozen chicken breasts
1 packet Italian Salad dressing seasoning packet
1/2 cube butter

Let all of these cook in crock pot on high for 4 hours - then shred chicken and add

1 can cream of chicken
1 brick of cream cheese

Let these cook together for another half hour. Serve over rice or egg noodles

Italian Beef

1-2 lb. Beef chuck roast
1 (4oz.) can green chilis
1-2 beef boullion cubes dissolved in 1/2 cup water
1 onion chopped (I am pretty sure you could use dried minced onions)
1 Tbls. minced garlic
1 tsp Adobo seasoning
6-8 peppercorns
1 tsp dry mustard

Put all this in crock pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Shred and put on some crusty bread with provolone melted over it. This recipe is from my freezer meal group here. We all loved it.

Crock Pot Lazagna

1 Jar Pasta sauce
1 Jar Alfredo sauce
Uncooked Lazagna noodles
Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese

Put 1/3 of pasta sauce on bottom of crock pot. Put a layer of noodles on top of that (will have to break them to fit). Then layer 1/3 of pasta sauce with 1/3 of Alfredo sauce on top of that. Place another layer of noodles on top of that and follow with 1/3 of pasta sauce and then 1/3 of alfredo sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top of that and cook on low in crock pot for 4 hours. If you want this meaty, I have added sausage of hamburger to my pasta sauce.

4 comments:

mindy November 8, 2008 at 9:59 AM  

ok-i've done your italian creamy chicken with water instead of butter, and it's just as good. it's one of our favs, mostly because it reminds me of you!

Nicole Bolinger November 8, 2008 at 10:31 AM  

THe Italian creamy chicken is the BEST!!! ANd so are you! ;)

Jessica November 14, 2008 at 3:50 PM  

Hey Candi,

How are you doing? I am being induced on Tuesday if I don't go into labor this weekend. My blood pressure was up yesterday at my appointment so they did am ultrasound to see if the baby was ok. They did a 4d one and she is chunky already. When are you scheduled for your c-section? Hope to hear form you soon. Jessica

Heather November 25, 2008 at 3:23 PM  

while we totally dig and understand your love of the crock pot, we would really, really like to see some pics of little JK soon. pretty please?

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP