Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick or Treat


We had a fun Halloween around here. Friends from our neighborhood came over for soup and then we were off to Trick or Treat. The kids loved it and went for a long time before getting tired. Lars and I both commented that Halloween really is a great holiday for kids. After they were done they came to our bedroom, dumped out their candy and just looked at it all. Lars and I both have vivid memories of doing that as kids. In fact I remember sitting in my home in our upstairs living room (before our basement was finished and the family room addition was put on) and Ben, Aimee and I dumping our candy out and trading. I had the good candy piles, the ok piles, and the bad. We had a grey swirl carpet and as I watched my kids looking at their candy pile, I swear it was like I was looking at my pile on that grey carpet all over again. I missed my siblings last night too. There is something about coming home after all is done with your friends and just being around your siblings and talking about your night - good times.

So as I am lovingly referring to myself as gigantor, I am also happy to be bringing another sibling into this world for my kids to be able to trade candy with some day....

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dawn November 1, 2008 at 6:27 PM  

And then, did your mom confiscate it and ration it? With 5 of us, she made it last as long as she could. But we managed to sneak it and it was gone before Thanksgiving. We filled a 5 gallon bucket last night. I don't know what I will do with it all!

klonghall November 1, 2008 at 7:13 PM  

I have great memories of Halloween, too. My own kids are much less stingy with their candy. They were freely sharing and swapping last night. They'll give me anything I ask for. We were never that nice. I guess candy isn't as much of a novelty for my kids. I've never been the "junk food" police here. And, my kids are great eaters of real food, so it's working for us. They ususally get tired of the candy in about a week or two. Lars & Erik usually polish it off when they are here at Christmastime. They know where I keep the candy. :-)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP