Monday, March 9, 2009

Girls weekend


So this weekend Lars took over so that I could spend a weekend with these two. How fun is it that my best friend and sister-in-law became so close when they both moved to Tennessee a few years ago. They really are so close and so when we all get together it is a blast! Our weekend was filled with late nights, eating out and shopping - could anything be better? In fact we sat and talked in Macaroni Grill for over two hours - I don't remember the last time I was able to do that. We were especially loving our husbands who were taking care of sick kids - yep that's right we all got a weekend away (Al has since moved out west) while our husbands took care of the puke, diahrrea and sore throats. Thanks Lars, Matt and Erik because of you guys I am rejuvinated.

On the drive home I thought 'I need to do this more often - I am better for it and I remember the Candi before kids who is a huge part of me and she needs to be remembered more often!' So who's up for the next girls trip? (Nicole, we'll just have to make it feel like your girls are part of us when you come next week - that's what I did with her...)





6 comments:

Bethany March 9, 2009 at 4:05 PM  

I am so jealous! Sounds like you guys had a blast!

Dana March 10, 2009 at 5:09 AM  

There would be nothing that could make that trip better OH wait I know one thing ME!!!!! That would have been even better:0) Ally looks different. I am not sure what it is but she looked different. Anyway I am glad you guys had a blast.

klonghall March 10, 2009 at 5:26 AM  

You know I'm in for any girls' weekend. I'll even plan the trip, find a deal on a hotel, etc. Your smile on that last picture is bigger than I've seen it in a long time. And, I saw Lars & the boys and can report that he was taking care of them very well.

Ginger March 10, 2009 at 8:32 AM  

Glad you were able to go! Hope everyone is feeling better in your house!

Call me soon, we have some planning to do :)

Tammy March 11, 2009 at 4:24 PM  

Sounds like you had fun! Girls trips are definitely needed! When are we going on ours?? Meet you in the middle? :) And btw, JK needs to stop growing! She is so cute and getting so big!

The Longnecker Zoo March 12, 2009 at 8:42 AM  

Candi, could you pick any worse pictures of me?!?!?!! I had a wonderful time. I am already ready for another one.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP