Monday, March 30, 2009

Toby and his talk


Toby spoke in primary this last Sunday. He showed pictures of different homes that we either drew or cut out from magazines last Monday for family home evening. In his talk he said that we all live in different kinds of homes but that we should all try to have Jesus in our home.

So the funny part of this was that we had turned on the mic for him and for some reason the kids thought it was hilarious every time he spoke into the mic (ok his lips were right up on it). I thought for sure this would embarrass Toby - nope he was on a roll up there, the more they laughed the more he loved it and smiled the above smile. Lars came in to listen and one of the 10 year old boys turned to him and said "You've got a comedian on your hands." I don't know if I will ever figure this little guy out.

Another funny church story about Toby I want to remember: One day in his Sunday school class I was sitting with him because he was not a happy camper - he wanted to say the prayer so I helped him. I said into his ear: "say thank you for your teacher" and he yelled out, "but I don't like my teacher" Nice Toby - she and I both laughed. Things have changed though and now he won't stop talking about how his teacher is coming to our house next Friday (I am hosting our primary inservice). He really does keep us laughing - and sometimes screaming....

2 comments:

klonghall March 30, 2009 at 6:43 PM  

He looks so grown up. I would love to have heard him give that talk. I love primary!!!

Natalie March 31, 2009 at 11:48 AM  

Oh my gosh when did my little guy grow up. He looks like Lars in this pic, sooo happy! Haha I hope he likes me better this summer than he did last summer! seriously can twait to spend time with them again

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP