Friday, April 17, 2009

As good as it gets



Hope everyone had a great Easter - this picture is as good as we could get after church this last Sunday. Oh, and remember my ramblings on how to stretch out a holiday - yah well, I'm Eastered out - seriously, were four Easter egg hunts really necessary?...

What is it with moms and over-doing things - I have learned my lesson! I am not even going to tell the kids about our next holiday coming up - sure it is Confederate Memorial Day, but I think instead of going to some sort of North vs. South re-enactment we will go out to lunch and sleep in.

I'm laughing at any of you who actually thought we would go to a North vs. South re-enactment. Although, I've heard they are quite entertaining....

8 comments:

Cameron and Cindy April 17, 2009 at 1:22 PM  

love it! I hope you are feeling better! :) See you soon!

Nicole Bolinger April 17, 2009 at 2:36 PM  

Hey, don't knock em till you try them. They really are fun. And I believe you mean the CIVIL WAR reenactments! Ya know, that's what was going on during those North vs. South battles that you are referring to! or is South vs. North!!!! ;) Hahaha!! I love ya!

klonghall April 17, 2009 at 6:18 PM  

Yeah, I've learned that simple is usually better. It's hard to remember, though, when we get caught up in the excitement of a holiday. I felt that way about Christmas last year. Enjoy your Confederate Memorial Day! :-) Lars, you remember, was an extra in a Civil War movie. He might like a good reenactment! :-)

Shelby April 20, 2009 at 7:54 AM  

Hi girlfriend.

You guys look so great. When are you going to be in Boise next? I miss you guys and would love to catch up!! Darling darling. Love ya.

Kari April 20, 2009 at 11:14 AM  

Love the picture! I want to hear all about the battle--who do you think will win?

The Longnecker Zoo April 21, 2009 at 8:15 AM  

Candi, did you know me and my family were re-enacters? Yes, my dear...we were. Did all the campout stuff, did the battles (I was a nurse helping the wounded), did the Virginia Reel at the dances and everything. I have some pictures somewhere to prove it too. :0)

heidi April 24, 2009 at 11:39 AM  

hello~ you mean the war of northern agression? what are you teaching your children?
coincidentally, i am pretty sure confederate memorial day is also my birthday. and that is excuse enough right there to bust out a cake.

Courtney April 24, 2009 at 7:11 PM  

Oh My Goodness! Julia Karen is so old and cute and adorable. I want to come down and visit. Her smile just melts my heart. Seriously, you guys need to plan a trip to B'ham and I'll plan a trip to Montgomery. What are you doing for 4th of July Weekend?

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP