Sunday, April 5, 2009

Soccer

Trey has started soccer and we are loving it. In fact the other night Trey's first game was moved indoors because of the rain - Lars and I learned something about ourselves that night.

While we were waiting for Trey's game to start we listened to these parents yelling at their little girl. They would yell "Follow the ball Rose", or "Kick the ball Rose", and "Run Rose, Run". The whole time I was thinking to myself - 'these parents need to calm themselves down, their just 5 year olds'.

And then Trey took to the field (or gym floor that day) and I honestly don't know what happened but seriously I could not shut up. The whole time I was yelling "Kick it Trey" or "Run Trey, Run"! I knew I sounded like those parents and I knew that others were probably thinking that I needed to calm myself down but I just couldn't! I am embarrassed to admit that at one point I heard the words "Take it from him" come out of my mouth. What!?

When Lars and I got in the car that night we just kind of looked at each other.

Hmmm, next time maybe we shouldn't stand next to the net while Trey is being goalie, no matter how helpful we think we are being....

Proof he does like it even if his parents are nuts!

Look at Lars' face, he is seriously sizing up the competition - what is wrong with us?

At least all of our "encouraging yells" are followed by treats, the real reason kids play.

6 comments:

The Longnecker Zoo April 5, 2009 at 12:25 PM  

HA HA HA!!!!!

klonghall April 5, 2009 at 12:46 PM  

Even though you had already told me this story over the phone, I laughed out loud reading it again. I would love to come down and see the little guy play. How long does the season last?

Natalie April 5, 2009 at 2:19 PM  

Hahahaha... Just wait till your little girl is dancing. "Point your toes sweetie, dont forget to smile" I can see it now. I am sure I would be the same way, its hard not to get excited and live a little vicariously. I love it Hahaha

Natalie April 5, 2009 at 2:19 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
mindy April 5, 2009 at 5:46 PM  

it is embarassing. i'm the same way. olivia refuses to play soccer anymore. maybe it's actually my fault!

Bev April 7, 2009 at 9:26 PM  

That is great! Just really fun.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP