Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Ode to Boise

Boise Idaho, oh how I love you. It really is a great place to live and to visit for that matter and that's exactly what we did this summer.

Here's a peak at what our summer consisted of:

Lot's and Lot's of fun with our cousins. When I say LOTS I really mean it - I think the 4 older cousins may have separated from each other for a total of 4 hours one day (I was there for 5 weeks), and that was a traumatic experience for them - especially Trey who seems to think the sun rises and falls around his older cousin D. In fact just yesterday I asked Toby who was in charge and he told me D was. Nice.

Trey cried on and off the entire two leg flight home and then part of the next day. It breaks my heart. He told me he wants to move to Boise and have all the Longnecker cousins move there too so he never has to say goodbye to any of his family!

So like I said, we never really separate when I go to Boise - I am all about a slumber party every night - not just for the kids but for me and my sisters, tammy and my mom as well. So this is what we look like when we go places:
Here we are shopping on our way back down the elevator from taking a nursing break - that's right - can you imagine this group in a restroom. Word to the wise - stay away from the Boise Dillards restrooms while I am in town because there is a good chance me, my mom, tammy and my sisters will want to go shopping and that means we ALL go ....
We also like to go to a few of my favorite restaurants when we visit, the kids are just so darn good when we eat out - can't you tell?

It seems like we are always planning a party or an adventure when I go home and my partners in crime are always my mom, Tammy and my other sisters . We planned a kickin shower for my sister Natalie who will be getting married this month to this guy
We are so excited to have Ben be a part of our family. And since we LOVE planning a party having her wedding to work on was fantastic! Did I mention we are going back to Boise in just a week? I told you I love it and I love these two and can't wait so see them get married.

So thanks to great parents, siblings and family members who make Boise such a wonderful place. I love seeing my cousins and being close to them every time I visit out west and that is what makes traveling with my kids for such a long time so worth it. I want them to be close to all their Grandparents and cousins just like I am with mine. I want them to feel proud to be a part of the Longnecker/Hawkins/Glover/Smith families and have great memories with each of those families. So here is to the showers, parties, swim lessons, sleepovers, movies, eating, and shopping fun we had each day. I think I accomplished my goal!



6 comments:

mindy August 11, 2009 at 8:11 PM  

I can just hear all that kid noise coming through my screen. What a fun trip. I'm right there with you. It's hard being away from fam, yet so fun to cram it all in when you visit.

longnecker August 11, 2009 at 8:33 PM  

Mindy -

I can't access your blog - Let me In, Let me In!

The Longnecker Zoo August 13, 2009 at 6:39 AM  

Candi, it is worth the headache and pain of traveling! I never really knew my cousins and am just getting to know one as an adult. Family is important! Makes me love Heavenly Father more for giving them to us.
I use to cry for days about leaving my Grandmother. I know how Trey feels and feel it too when we are all together. But I can't cry like that anymore....Lars would never talk to me again-HA HA HA!

Tammy August 13, 2009 at 5:53 PM  

Oh, it was so much fun! We miss you guys! Come back soon...oh wait you are...yea! 6 more days!! :)

Tammy August 13, 2009 at 5:53 PM  

Oh, it was so much fun! We miss you guys! Come back soon...oh wait you are...yea! 6 more days!! :)

Kirby August 17, 2009 at 1:14 PM  

This post reminded me of grandpa's funeral and how we were asked if we were a traveling basketball team because there were so many of us tall, crazy girls in the bathroom!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP