Wednesday, August 12, 2009

really?



My little boy is now a full day kindergartner.

My thoughts?: Scared, worried, excited, nervous, happy, lonely.
Trey's thoughts?: Great (that's the word I get everyday when I ask him how his day went)

On the 1st day Trey looked shocked when I picked him up and didn't want to talk about his day. Thank heavens for our neighbors and Trey and Toby's best buddies the Campbells - after letting them play together after school, Trey finally started to warm up and tell us all the great things about his school. He seems to love his teacher and the school. He is a big fan of playing outside, going to the science lab and anytime he get's to go upstairs at school. He is eager to buy chocolate milk for lunch but I am trying to keep things simple this first week. Unfortunately he also seems to be falling asleep during rest time which means he has been staying up until 10 the last few nights! Grrr especially since lights are out for them at 8:15 - that makes for a long time of complaining that he can't fall asleep.

Toby misses Trey the most and is so excited to pick him up each day. We seem to be falling into a routine after school of unwinding/playing for an hour and a half and then working on homework while I cook dinner - it's funny because Toby is all about doing this with Trey. Yesterday we were working on penmanship with Trey and Toby was right there with him trying to write letters. I wonder how long this will last?

3 comments:

Wardell Family August 12, 2009 at 5:06 PM  

That is so great that he likes his school! It is harder on the Moms though, that's for sure. I love how adaptable kids are...if only I was the same way:) Can't wait to see ya tomorrow!

The Longnecker Zoo August 13, 2009 at 6:33 AM  

How sweet. Trey looks so much like Lars in that pic with his teacher! Can you believe he is old enough for this?

Dana August 13, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

I think us moms are all feeling how you described your feelings. Once they start its all over. Just sad. But very exciting for them as well. Wait till your kid is in Middle school and they are wanting him to go to dances. NO way!!! He is not even 14 yet. CRAZY!!!!! Or even this when your baby comes home from football practice and pukes his guts out oh man we wish we could take all that away for them and protect them. Alright enough I am depressing myself all over again. Congrats on a wonderful Kindergartner !!!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP