Sunday, August 9, 2009

Our trip to Utah

We arrived in Boise on the 4th of July at 8:30 in the evening. Grandma and Papa / Tammy had a cake ready for us and fireworks ready to go... all to celebrate our arrival - I mean the birth of our country.

We had a great night - anyone have pictures? I need them.

The next morning we hopped in the car to head to Utah - here are some of our adventures...


We had a blast with our cousins - Ella Hazel's blessing day was beautiful. Fireworks, swimming and shopping were also great and the kids just loved being together. Thanks Scott and Heather for a great time. Look forward to some cute posts on ideas for decorating JK's room I got from Heather - she is so creative!

Then we were off to stay with some of our best friends from Chicago who now live in Utah.



Erin, I miss you just writing about you. We had so much fun with you guys and loved being with your family. How is it that we all stayed up until 2am and could have kept going? We really needed like three more days just to go shopping together like old times. Chicago's got nothing on SLC! Thanks for a great time.

Then on to the Y (BYU) where life is beautiful all the time - really it is. We loved being back on campus - why did I want to put a back pack on and walk around all by myself (sorry family) and pretend that I was a student again just for a day (or 2 or 3). Don't get me wrong, I love my life now - but that time of my life really was magical - how could it not have been I lived in this house

Doesn't it just lure small children into it with it's cuteness? Really though, the gals and I that lived here (see previous post) loved it so much that we nicknamed ourselves the Log Cabin Girls and made ourselves t-shirts that said so. We still refer to ourselves as the Log Cabin Girls.

Then Lars and I took the boys to see some of the beauty around the Y campus

Bridal Veil Falls proved to be one of the boys' favorites.

Last but not least we were able to visit my sweet aunt, cousin and her daughter.
Tegan we are still praying for you everyday. How is it that this sweet girl could be going through so much right now as well as my aunt and cousin and yet I left them feeling so full of sunshine and happiness. Ang and Aunt Jacque, I know you guys are constantly saying how much you are learning from Tegan, but I want you to know that the rest of us are also learning from you. You really are amazing in the truest sense of that word - I love you thank you for letting me visit!

5 comments:

McCleary Family Fun August 9, 2009 at 10:32 PM  

WHAT!!! You came to BYU and didn't even tell me!!!!! HEY, we live right here on campus: Wymount!!! I'm sorry to have missed you... you were so close!!!

klonghall August 10, 2009 at 6:08 AM  

OK, you and I need to go to Women's Conf., or something, so we can put on those backpacks & relish in the Spirit of the Y together. That place is magical for me, too! Those were really some of the best of my whole life. I miss that feeling of freedom and beginning. Don't get me wrong, I love my life now, it's just busy and full and stressful in a different way. Life was so simple back then. I loved being a student--I really even enjoyed going to class. Yep, I was that nerdy kind of college student!

'Love the pix with Scott's girls! They are so cute. I want to reach through the computer and kiss those cheeks!

We're glad you're back on this side of the country, though. We need a good long phone call (on your land line, though!) or visit to catch up on the summer adventures.

Shelby August 11, 2009 at 9:04 AM  

Hi Cousin, Looks like you had a wonderful summer. You are too sweet and you and your family are beautiful. Thanks for making time for the girls. They love to have visitors. Give those kiddos loves from me. miss you!

pooka August 13, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

Looks like the fun just kept going and going. Thanks again for letting us tag along with you for a few days - we had so much fun. I could definitely use more days talking and shopping though - it's what we do best.

heidi August 20, 2009 at 2:15 PM  

i want to drag a rolling backpack around campus and trip people with it because i am not paying attention and gabbing on my cellphone.
and then i want to bump every chair in the testing center with said rolling backpack as i walk down the aisle to the only seat open on the row.
and then i will sit behind you in the testing center and breathe very loudly and pass gas and pound the buttons on my calculator and crinkle my cheetos bag in your ear. after i finish my test i will grab my slip of paper that says, "congratulations on a nice test score" and yelp and scream for everyone to hear.
and then i will head to the twilight zone and get a mint toothpaste brownie.
i totally miss BYU too. really. i can't believe those days are over.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP