Wednesday, December 30, 2009

It's over - and I am OK with that

So Christmas is over - are you ok with it? I am. Don't get me wrong - I love it when it is here, but I am itching to get everything back in order. But before I do, here is our Christmas in review...

Toby was Fantastic in his Christmas pageant at school and at church. He can't remember all the words to the songs but he can hold onto the last word in each song and belt it for everyone to hear.
I didn't get any pictures of Trey at his class party - but it was fun as well. I have to say - I love school holidays. We started out the break by staying in our PJs and lounging around. The Monday before Christmas we had friends over for dinner and Gingerbread houses. We do this every year and let me fill you all in on a little secret I have learned from doing this a few years in a row. Costco puts their Gingerbread houses on sale (usually the Monday before Christmas) and they go from being 10 something to 4 something. Sometimes it pays to purposefully procrastinate. The next night our neighborhood gathered for caroling and a bonfire. It was great and I even got Lars to join us. The drink cart and hot chocolate was a hit with the kids and they loved being with friends and being allowed to run through the street at night while singing Christmas songs. I hope to add pictures soon - they are on my father in law's camera.

Christmas Eve was nice. We had a big dinner and the kids opened their pjs and then a few pictures before we read the story of Jesus' birth in Luke. Here are a few of the kids:We told Trey to stop harassing JK or we would take away one of his gifts...


A couple things I want to remember. When we were talking about leaving a plate of goodies for Santa and his reindeer Toby asked us if we could leave a plate for the Indian. Hmmm, not so sure about that, but the next day when we saw that Santa ate his goodies Toby was broken hearted because we forgot to leave something out for the Indian. We still are confused but can't help but to laugh at that one. Also, I kept asking Trey if he thought Santa was going to come if he was naughty and he would tell me he didn't care because he would just open Grandma's gifts that were already under the tree. Nice.

Well, Santa did come and we all had a wonderful holiday.Oh the joy and fun of seeing a child's first Christmas.

By the way, Santa brought me (among other things) a chocolate bar with bacon in it - eat your hearts out! He knows me well.

Christmas day we went to Calaway Gardens for their light show - it was wonderful. Having dinner at their lodge was a bonus too! Thanks Jan - we loved having you here with us.

Trey announced that the day after Christmas was a holiday. He called it Gingerbread Smash Day. He was soooooo excited to destroy the gingerbread house (should I be worried). Here are some highlights.So now on to New Years! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. And from our house to yours - happy cleaning and taking down, and organizing...

5 comments:

jksfam December 30, 2009 at 8:42 PM  

Gingerbread smash day?!? Funny! Your tip must be why there wasn't any of the chocolate, etc. still there a few days after Christmas. I thought for sure there would be at least some location with it marked down. I guess they had already done that!

klonghall December 31, 2009 at 7:19 AM  

I like the new holiday of Gingerbread Smash Day. We will have to observe that next year. You know my kids enjoy any demolition!

We finally got all the rest of the Christmas stuff cleaned up yesterday, and it does feel good. The living room looks empty, and is screaming for a new paint job, but at least it's clean!

mindy December 31, 2009 at 7:49 PM  

1-have trey read my post. I did take away presents this year.

2-Lindsay got that same ball popper as Julia! She loves it!

3-I have procrastinated that costco gingerbread kit, and lost out. they had sold out!

4-LOVE the smashing houses!! Can't wait to start that one with my fam!!

The Longnecker Zoo January 4, 2010 at 6:45 AM  

So fun at the Longnecker house. Never dull and boring at all. Those boys are a hoot.
Sorry we didn't get to see you guys. I was bummed about it.

Heather January 19, 2010 at 3:52 PM  

I'm with you. I love taking down my christmas decorations. my house seems so much bigger without them all over the joint, doesn't yours? we missed you guys but also loved waking up in our own little house.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP