Thursday, January 8, 2009

To My Children

Today we went to a park after preschool. It was beautiful outside. The sun was shinning and there was a great breeze. I think it was around 70 degrees. We swung on the swings and you boys laughed while you ran and climbed. Every once in a while you would yell, "mommy, watch this". I sat on a bench and watched you while I played with Julia Karen's toes and made her smile and coo. If your daddy had been sitting beside me it would have felt just like I imagine Heaven will someday feel.

Trey, Toby and Julia Karen, you are my joy. Will you ever know how much I love you? Perhaps someday you will because as I sat there I talked to your Grandma on the phone and felt her love for me. I also talked to your Uncle Ben and I hope that you all love each other like I love him - it is a fierce bond that I want you all to have.

Now we are at home and I am making your daddy his favorite cookies to thank him. Thank him because he shoulders all the financial responsibility in our home so that I can be with all of you and have days like today. He is the love of my life.

I am blessed. And I always want you to know that I am grateful each day for the life I have with each of you and your smiling faces.

7 comments:

Nicole Bolinger January 8, 2009 at 2:31 PM  

you totally made me want to cry. If I could only be half a grateful type of person you are. You inspire me! ;)

klonghall January 8, 2009 at 5:43 PM  

Part of me says, "Oh, so sweet." The other part of me says, "You'll be fine tomorrow. Try not to worry." What kind of cookies are his favorites? snickerdoodles? peanut butter w/ hershey kiss? some kind of lemon cookie? I'm curious. That boy loves his sweets. I'm so glad he found the love of his life in you!

mindy January 9, 2009 at 4:20 AM  

are you trying to make me cry? very sweet...thank you for this.

Dana January 9, 2009 at 5:26 AM  

Candy that was just beautiful!! I really does make being a mom a wonderful thing. That is why we do what we do. IT makes all the bad times worth going through.

Tammy January 9, 2009 at 8:47 AM  

You are such a great mom. And you will continue to be for many, many years. ;) You are such an inspiration to me. Your kids are so lucky and I'm sure they already know that.
Love you Candi!

Yahnira Backus a.k.a. "Mommy" January 21, 2009 at 12:42 PM  

This was soooo sweet. Continue to write your thoughts like this. One day they will be a priceless treasure for your children and grandchildren.

Bev January 31, 2009 at 8:37 PM  

ah man! I almost went a whole day without tearing up. You are a beautiful person and thanks for allowing me to see pieces of you as a mother. Tomorrow tell your kids they are so darn lucky to have you. From their second cousin Bev. (is that what I am to them?) whatever, they can just call me long lost auntie b.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP